Impact of AI on HR Professionals
8:00am-8:30am: Registration/networking. Meeting 8:30am -10:00am
Join us after the meeting for a post meeting discussion! Want to suggest a topic? Email email@example.com or use our new forum: https://monadnockshrm.org/forum
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly transforming various industries, and the HR industry is no exception. As AI technologies become more sophisticated and accessible, HR professionals are presented with new opportunities to streamline their operations, improve decision-making, and enhance employee experiences. However, these changes also bring significant challenges, including work product integrity, IP protections, developing new policies (remember writing new "social media" policies?) and trainings. Attendees will gain a better understanding of the impact of AI on the HR industry and how it will shape the future of work. They will also learn about the skills and competencies HR professionals need to develop to remain relevant and effective in the age of AI.
1. Understand the basics of AI, definitions and differences between AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
2. Identify the key areas where AI is transforming HR practices.
3. Exploring the potential benefits, challenges or risks of integrating AI in HR and other business functions.
4. Discussing the future role of HR professionals in the age of AI
Mark Heyman, JD, is a human resources and organization development consultant, with experience in both the private and public sectors. Early in his career, Mark practiced labor and employment law, serving as Deputy Legal Counsel to the VT State Employees Association and as an Assistant Clerk in the VT House of Representatives. He went on as co-owner and then owner of an HR and OD consultancy, Cope & Associates, Inc. and Cope HR, for ten years followed by ten years as HR Director and General Counsel of a global industrial PC company headquartered in VT. He is currently the owner of HR Happens. Mark received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont in 1992 and completed his law degree at Suffolk University Law School in 1995.
· Greater Monadnock SHRM is certified by SHRM as a Preferred Provider to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, and this program has been registered for 1 PDC in the SHRM Body of Competency & Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™).
· Programs are submitted for 1 General HR Credit Hour toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR certification through the Human Resources Certification Institute.
Connect with us!